The Certificate in AML provides participants with a thorough understanding of what constitutes Money Laundering (ML) and how financial institutions should respond to increasingly complex attempts by criminal individuals and entities to process proceedings from illegal activities in a manner that enables them to enjoy such illegal proceedings.
About the Certificate
Participants will investigate what is ML, what constitutes a risk-based approach in dealing with ML and the relevant policies and procedures that may be adopted by a financial institution as part of coherent AML Strategy. In addition, participants will be provided with an overall assessment of international economic sanctions and how these are a valuable tool in combating ML. The Certificate also offers participants, a practical perspective of how AML attempts have been formally incorporated and have led to the creation of legal frameworks that aim to prevent ML practices. The knowledge obtained by undertaking this Certificate is an invaluable asset for professionals that seek to enhance their career prospects in AML that is becoming an increasingly significant issue for financial institutions.
The International Governance and Compliance Association
The International Governance & Compliance Association (IGCA) is a non-for-profit global professional accreditation and certification organisation, as well as a networking platform. IGCA aims to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and sharing of experiences among Compliance, Risk, Cybersecurity, and Governance professionals (GRCC). At IGCA, they aspire to continuously grow their community of professionals to ensure multi-jurisdictional regulatory compliance in financial services and to share values, experience, expertise and opportunities
Read more about IGCA by clicking here.
• Money laundering methods, techniques, red flags, key risk areas and compliance best practices & checklists
• KYC and CDD: Beneficial ownership, money laundering risks in gatekeeper roles, politically exposed persons, and much more
• Economic Sanctions and relevant frameworks
• Vulnerabilities of Financial Institutions
• Legal Framework for AML – A practical perspective
• Case Studies and analysis
Expected Learning Outcomes
• Identify ML-related risks and dangers that need to be dealt through a rigid AML strategy
• Understand ML risk assessment and management and learn how to design a comprehensive AML risk-based approach
• Review the relevant processes and procedures that need to be adopted as part of an AML strategy
• Gain a practical perspective through a review of the relevant legal framework that covers AML
• Understand the importance of sanctions and how these can be utilised as a tool to combat ML
Individuals who aspire for a career in AML, staff with specific anti money laundering duties and staff working in financial services who want a comprehensive training in AML.
No previous knowledge or experience is required although it is assumed that participants have good knowledge of English and a sound education background.
• Register at any time
• Study in your own time and at your own pace
• Assessed by online multiple-choice exam
What is included
• 15 hours of self-paced online interactive learning including analysis of 5 practical case studies
• 1-year free IGCA membership
• Online Exam and IGCA Certificate
• Success in all the unit tests. Each unit is allocated two, three or four Multiple Choice questions (MCQs). In total 33 MCQs with a pass mark of 70% and an unlimited number of attempts. Each unit test is 10 minutes.
• Success in the final test of 40 MCQs for the completion and award of the Certificate in Anti Money Laundering, issued by the International Governance and Compliance Association (IGCA). The pass mark is 70% and two attempts are permitted. The final test is 60 minutes.
Accreditation and CPD Recognition
This programme has been developed by the London Governance & Compliance Academy (LGCA), an UK- recognised training institution.
The syllabus is verified by external subject matter experts and may be accredited by financial regulators, and general financial training accreditation bodies, such as CISI and ACAMS, for 10 CPD Units.
Registration and Access
To register for this course, click on the Get this course button to pay online. If you wish to receive an invoice instead of paying online, please contact us at email@example.com.